BDW

BSc-program

The academic BSc study of Animal Sciences is unique in Wageningen and, besides from the study Veterinary Medicine at the faculty in Utrecht, it is the only study about husbandries and animals in a scientific educational window. All studies at Wageningen University have a three year Bachelor of Sciences (BSc). Many BSc graduates of Animal Sciences continue with a two year master of Animal Sciences (MAS).  

The bachelor of Animal Sciences is split up into a terrestrial and an aquatic major. After one year of BSc, you have to choose which major you will follow in your second and third BSc-year. Almost 85% of the students choose a terrestrial major, the remaining 15% continues the aquatic major, which is mainly focused on aquaculture and fisheries. The first year of BSc starts with a number of basic courses, followed by more orientated courses for Animal Sciences in the second year and in the third, students can choose a minor and follow a thesis at a chair group. The complete summary of courses and possibilities for minors can be found here.

For more information on the BSc Animal Sciences, please feel free to contact the BSc-coordinator Mr. Kanis (Egbert.Kanis@wur.nl) or the study coach Inge Palm (studiecoachbdw@wur.nl).