Team International was founded to promote the integration and participation of international students in the study association of Animal Sciences: ‘De Veetelers’. We function as a bridge between the international and Dutch students.
Every educational period we organize an excursion especially for the international students. Some examples can be: an excursion to a typical Dutch production farm for poultry, pigs or cattle. Also activities to get to know other cultures can be organized, such as an international dinner. Lastly Team International organizes activities that can give you new skills. This includes activities like a cattle judgement evening.
Activities with sub-associations
We can also explain how to join one of the sub-associations of ‘De Veetelers’. There are six sub-associations that each representing an animal/sector in the agricultural world:
- Aquarius is there for all the people that are interested in aquaculture.
- Bestia Turba Ferina (BTF) is there for the non-production animals such as cats and dogs.
- The Paarden Fokkerij Club (PFC or Horse Breeding Club) tells you all the ins and outs about horses.
- Porculum covers all the intensive livestock such as pigs, chickens or calves.
- The the Rundvee Fokkerij Studieclub (RFS, or Cattle Breeding Studyclub) is your address for cattle. They visit companies with milk-cattle.
- Last but not least there is the Sheep and Goat StudyClub (SGSC). As the name already implies they are mainly concerned with sheep and goats.
Unless otherwise stated excursions of the sub-associations are in Dutch, however we encourage you to ask them to do the excursion in English, most of the time this isn’t a problem.
Do you want to have direct contact?
You can reach us by email at: Veetelers.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hendy Darian Wirjohandjojo
Joep van Zuijlen (contact person)
Julia Celis Moreno
Muhammad Rifqi Ismiraj
Tim van der Zee