Associate Trial Farms
Department: R&D Location: Boxmeer
Responsible to: Director of European R&D
The key responsibility for this position is to schedule and execute broiler and breeder chicken research trials, as well as overseeing daily trial activities around chicken production management, collection of bird performance data and summary of data from those trials.
- Responsible for scheduling and executing broiler and breeder chicken research trials according trial protocols
- Overseeing daily trial activities around chicken production management
- Collection of bird performance data and summary of data from those trials
- Maintaining the trial farm database
- Working closely together with Trial Farm coordinators and farm managers to ensure trial protocols are understood and followed according the plan.
- Calibrate data collection tools/ procedures for accurate recording of bird performance
- Work within all common activities of poultry production
- Have a working knowledge of poultry production
- Being a self-starter, taking responsibility, motivated
- Having the drive to work with people and spend time on poultry research farms
- Able to work with data collection tools and software (such as Excel) and able to summarize data in a clear and organized way. Attention to detail
- Good social skills
The job holder should have
- HBO level (HAS) or equivalent experience in poultry research management
- Experience in poultry research management
- Experience in livestock production is preferred
- Fluency in Dutch, good understanding of English (Dutch is more important than English)
- Travel: Will travel within Netherlands and up to 10% of the time outside the country. Having a driving license and car available is necessary.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Randy Borg on Randy.Borg@cobb-europe.com.
If you would like to apply, please send in your application and CV in English to HRNL@cobbeurope.com by the 23th of April 2018.
Date: April 2018
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.