Commercial Outreach Manager
What is STIP?
Seafood Trade Intelligence Portal (STIP) is a start up company, owned by Solidaridad Network. STIP develops online intelligence products which increase transparency in the seafood sector. By doing so STIP is able to broker partnerships for investments in sustainable seafood supply chains.
Together with the general director, manager of operations and the data manager, the new commercial outreach manager will be challenged to quickly grow STIP’s business.
The commercial outreach manager will be engaging with seafood buyers and suppliers around the world to convince them to create company profiles in our supplier and buyer databases, and to convince them to become a member of the STIP community. Together with the data manager the commercial outreach manager will be responsible for collecting data of new buyers and suppliers. Together with the general director and manager of operations, the commercial outreach manager will be representing STIP during trade shows, industry conferences and gatherings, and will be facilitating matchmaking between STIP members. This also includes a role in consultancy assignments.
We are looking for a young professional with a talent for convincing people of the value of the STIP products, services and theory of change, and a passion for seafood and sustainability. As our new commercial outreach manager you will be able to use your creativity to make your job as exciting as it can be!
As the commercial outreach manager you will have a wide range of activities and responsibilities, where you can add value to the growth of STIP. Activities and responsibilities are:
• Calling, mailing and visiting seafood buyers and suppliers
• Conducting surveys from seafood buyers and suppliers to create company profiles
• Sales of STIP memberships to seafood exporters and importers around the world
• Sales of consultancy services to companies in the seafood industry around the world
• Establishing partnerships with sector bodies and associations
• Fine-tuning the business model of STIP
• Implementing consultancies for STIP clients
• Keen to work in a start-up environment
• Proven talent in fundraising, acquisition and/or sales
• Proven talent in presenting to various audiences
• Willingness to do sales through phone, email, and live meetings
• Willingness to travel internationally (Europe, Asia, North and South America)
• Strong affinity with and/or passion for the seafood industry
What do we offer
Opportunity to work together with ambitious colleagues to set up an SME. Depending on experience we offer a gross salary between €2500 and €3500 per month + fringe benefits such as 8% holiday and 3% end of year bonuses.
Office location: Utrecht
Please submit your application letter and CV before July 18th to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions please contact Willem van der Pijl at email@example.com or +31 6 10642177. The first round of interviews are scheduled in the week of 14th August, 2017.