For Nutreco Africa B.V. in Boxmeer (the Netherlands) we are looking for a
Formulator 1,0 FTE
The Formulator manages and optimizes the standard recipes for a production, based on the nutritional and physical quality needs of the company’s market. He / she arranges various inputs, such as logistical constraints, production requirements, physical quality, raw material quality, raw material prices and nutritional requirements into an efficient feed output for the production.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced feed solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Nutreco employs approximately 11,000 people in 35 countries, with sales in 80 countries.
Nutreco Africa B.V. exports quality animal nutritional products and fish feed to Africa and scouts for opportunities in most promising African markets. Nutreco Africa has been strongly growing in the last years and needs strengthening of its organization to cope with the expected growth in the coming years. There is a pleasant, informal work climate in which you cooperate with dedicated colleagues.
The main challenges for the Formulator are:
· Taking care of straightforward formulation (not nutritionist) using the data of the formulas database
· Providing the raw material forecast and quality info
· Providing the price calculation for each product offer
· Monitoring raw materials and final product quality
· Placing the manufacturing orders and providing instructions to production per formula for labelling, packaging, production sequence following the pre-agreed principles of sales and Nutritionist
· Communicating with the sales teams in order to give technical advice and support
The key qualifications and experience required for this job include:
· Advanced vocational education, at senior levels Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science, Agriculture or equivalent
· Knowledge about tools and possibilities (formulation, nutrients, reports etc), also about ingredients and their main characteristics, about difference in quality of raw materials and finish the products,
about contaminations and rules in production processes
· Experience in the field of animal husbandry is desirable
· Ability to effectively manage the pressure of a fast-paced teamwork environment with multiple project priorities
· An innovative team player dedicated to customer service and relationship building
· Strong proof reading skills with a commitment to ensure accuracy
· Strong communication and collaboration skills.
o Ensures least cost Formulation of established products using our formulation software in accordance with nutritional values
o Formulates diets and rations within prescribed standards to maximize growth, reproduction, health and/or performance
o Sets up custom feeds developed with sales consultants
· Cost Base calculation
o Implements monthly pricelist and availability for raw materials on the indication of the purchaser
o Updates the raw material matrix based on prescribed procedure
o On a monthly base provides management with the cost calculation per product according to the guidelines and model from the controller
o Estimates the future consumption of raw materials as result of the formulation and inform purchasing
· Formula / product development
o Carries out formula audits to look for opportunities
o Supports development of new products with marketing and sales
· Quality management
o Informs purchasing about the quality performance of the suppliers
o Takes care that the raw materials and final products are analyzed and checked according to the analysis plan set by nutritional department
o Collect all analysis data and report to management; in case of deviation take action on the indication of Nutritionist
o Coordinates and prepares all the needed documents after registration
o Making sure recommended recipes are produced according to Nutreco Africa standards
Nutreco Africa B.V. offers a broad and independent function in a professional and strongly growing organization. There is a pleasant, informal, work climate, in which you cooperate with dedicated colleagues. There are possibilities to develop your professional and personal capacities to realize personal growth. It concerns a full time function with an attractive package of compensations and benefits.
To apply, please visit the company website www.nutreco.com, click on “Careers” then “Jobs” and choose the position “Formulator – Nutreco Africa” to start the application process. Please be sure to upload a cover letter and resume when prompted to upload attachments.