Fishery and Nonprofit Organization Management
Management, Business Development, Marketing
Together with the general director and the data manager, the new manager of operations will be challenged to quickly grow STIP’s business. The manager operations will be managing STIP’s finance and administration, managing STIP’s shareholders and will work on attracting new investors. Jointly with the general director, the new manager of operations will also be responsible for business development (developing new products, attracting new members, selling consultancy services) and will also be assigned to implement consultancy assignments.
We are looking for a young professional with a proven track record or proven talent for management tasks within the SME environment. A passion for and some experience with the seafood industry is an absolute must!
As manager of operations you will have a wide range of activities and responsibilities, where you can add value to the growth of STIP. Activities and responsibilities are:
• Managing administration, finance, legal and HR activities related to the operations of STIP B.V.
• Sales of STIP memberships to seafood exporters and importers around the world
• Sales of consultancy services to companies and organisations engaged in the seafood industry around the world
• Dialogue and negotiations with potential new investors
• Fine-tuning the business model of STIP
• Implementing consultancies for STIP clients
• Managing relationships with STIP’s shareholders
• Representing STIP to Solidaridad’s continental supervisory board
• Keen to work in a start-up environment and affinity with the non-profit sector.
• 3-5 years experience in managing administration, finance and legal issues.
• 1-5 years of experience in a position in fishery, aquaculture or seafood trading company.
• Proven network in the seafood sector in the EU, Asia and other continents.
• Proven commercial skills in terms of sales and business development.
• Self-starter, working well independently and in a team. Showing entrepreneurship and taking responsibility to get the job done.
• Experience in working in an international environment.
• Affinity with sustainability issues in the seafood sector.
• Willingness to travel internationally regularly.
• Living in the Netherlands.
What do we offer
Opportunity to work together with ambitious colleagues to set up an SME. Depending on experience we offer a gross salary between €3000 and €4000 per month + fringe benefits such as 8% holiday and 3% end of year bonuses.
Office location: Utrecht