Product Manager Swine at Hendrix Genetics B.V.
“A challenging global marketing role for a swine specialist”
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with Geneticists, Sales, Marketing and Customer Services to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Expert in current and new product range
- Definition of product strategy
- Knowledge of market demands and knowledge of performance of own product and competitor’s products
- Develop new ideas for future adaptations of the product
- Develop and implement the market approach for the product
- Develop sales tools and collaterals
- Brief and train the sales force about developments in products
- Advice Director R&D about genetic product development directions, resources needed
- Design, execute and maintenance of customer performance Benchmark systems and side by side trials in independent institutes
- Propose an overall budget for the product
- New product development: ensures the development of new product plans, based on knowledge of customer needs and technological opportunities
- University degree in Animal Science
- Very good knowledge of swine market/pig farming
- 4+ years of experience in marketing/sales/product management
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good communicator, commercial thinker, strong analytical skills
- Willing to travel abroad (25%)
- Fulltime available
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
This job is located in Boxmeer, the Netherlands
We are a leading multi-species breeding company with primary activities in layer, turkey, pig, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
Over many years, the family-owned company has accumulated expertise and resources and leveraged its roots in farming to develop the relevant, high quality breeding solutions that it offers today. Hendrix Genetics provides expertise and resources to producers globally, with operations and joint ventures in 24 countries, and more than 2800 employees worldwide.
Thijs Hendrix, Président: “Our common history and shared values create a platform with a new horizon that will enable us to further focus on growth opportunities in animal breeding and life sciences. We embrace our past to catch the future.”
To fulfil our mission and to realize our full potential, Hendrix Genetics is inspired to be the global leader in animal breeding. With this goal in mind, Hendrix Genetics has developed a strategy founded on strengthening four key pillars of its business: Value Creation, Collaboration, Innovation and Sustainability.
Please contact Jeannette de Gunst (Sr Consultant)- GSM: 06-20958331 or firstname.lastname@example.org