Marel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 5400 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
For our Marel Meat organization, we are looking forward to recruit a:
In this role you are part of the research program in Meat Processing. Within the research team you will be responsible for your own research projects, generating basic technological knowledge as input for development projects. You work in close cooperation with our specialists. The main focus of the projects will be on protein changes and manipulation during and from the various stages of the sub process: Meat preparation. The Primary focus is on meat preparation for all animal proteins, with an initial focus on: Meat proteins and Poultry proteins. The Secondary focus is on the quality parameters of fresh and cooked products, which can be related back to process steps in the complete value chain of Marel. Besides the above, you are responsible for:
- Generate a knowledge baseline for current technologies on Meat preparation
- Initiate, oversee, execute and report research programs in order to come to new technologies in the field of meat preparation;
- Generate in depth knowledge on protein manipulation during preparation as well as their effects on end product quality.
- Translate this generated knowledge into devising technological principles for prototypes, including the initial test work on these initial functions.
- Develop a network for Marel in the field of Meat preparation.
- Given the depth required, you will develop yourself as a specialist in the area of Meat processing which will be made available to the operational side of Marel Meat’s business;
- You will also develop a network outside of Marel, based on meat preparation. You will maintain contacts in the scientific world (universities, research institutes, etc.) and will represent our organization at symposia and congresses.
The ideal candidate has a good capacity for concepts and thinks in an analytical way. You are skilled in carrying out investigative work, creative in looking for solutions and eager to explore new areas of knowledge while learning from them. You are reliable and perseverant with an entrepreneurial spirit. On top of that, you are a competent communicator and able to work both independently and together with colleagues in multi-disciplinary teams in an international company. You are also able to maintain existing networks and set up new ones. As a research technologist, you recognize yourself in the following, you
- Completed a university degree (MSC or PHD) in Food Technology, Chemical Engineering or a related education
- Have at least 2-3 years of work experience, ideally in the Agro-Food Sector.
- Have experience of or affinity with modelling, meat technology, heat and mass transport, protein denaturation, the analysis of microstructures and chemical/biochemical reactions in foods
- Have an affinity with technical matters, mechanical engineering, and innovation
- The necessary skills for reporting your activities in a responsible way, for working independently and for putting together clear instructions
- Possess technological knowledge of products and production processes.
- Have a good command of English. The command of several foreign languages is a plus.
- Are willing to travel worldwide.
Working at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via our website. For more information about the position, please contact our recruiter: Erik van Grinsven, via phone: via e-mail: email@example.com