Do you want to learn more about economic developments in Africa, while improving your professional skills, extending your business network and working in a dynamic international environment?
Join our team in The Hague for a 6-month internship as a Strategic Regions Intern (French-speaking)
NABC’s purpose is to inform, inspire, catalyze and connect businesses with Africa’s opportunities and to empower companies to make confident decisions about when, where and how to do business in Africa. Founded in 1946 in the Netherlands, NABC today leads a network of over 375 engaged and diverse members and has access to a community of over 20,000 African and European businesses, institutes, government entities and others interested in doing business in Africa. NABC’s activities include trade missions to and from African countries; networking events, conferences and knowledge seminars on doing business in Africa; strategic programs aimed at unleashing the economic potential in specific countries or (sub-)sectors and tailormade business services such as market research, business advice and individual matchmaking. More information can be found on the NABC website. Watch NABC’s corporate video here.
NABC’s activities focused on Francophone Africa are rapidly increasing. We are therefore currently looking for a French-speaking colleague to assist the Strategic Regions team with the following core tasks:
1. ORGANIZATION OF EVENTS
• (Co-)developing event content (programme, speakers, etc.)
• Marketing and communication • Logistical organization (venue, transport, translators, audio-visual etc.)
• Relationship management (communication with client and main stakeholders)
• Strategy development and evaluation towards improving future events
2. ORGANIZATION OF TRADE MISSIONS TO/FROM AFRICA
• Participant acquisition • Logistical organization (arranging hotels, transport, visas, event locations, etc.)
• Communication with mission participants (intakes, responding to individual queries and requests)
• Developing a mission brochure and other important documents
3. OVERALL SUPPORT
• Writing content for the NABC social media, website and newsletter
• Support in writing proposals, project evaluations and other documents
• Responding to NABC member inquiries and requests
• Graduated or final stages of WO education, in a relevant educational field (e.g. international business or development)
• Affinity with Africa, preferably through experience working and/or living in Africa
• A working proficiency (reading, speaking, writing) in Dutch, English AND French
• Experience in project management
• Experience in organizing events
• Able to work independently as well as in a diverse team
• Creative, eye for detail and ‘hands-on’ mentality
• Available to work 5 days per week from the NABC office in WTC The Hague
• It concerns a traineeship of 6 months, starting on March 1 st 2019 against an internship allowance, with the possibility of transferring into a junior position in case both parties are satisfied and budget is available.
• To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to: HR@nabc.nl using the reference “Strategic Regions Internship 2019”
• Application deadline: 15th of January 2019. Interviews will be held in the last week of January.
NABC appreciates all expressions of interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.